Yukon Open Work Permit Under Yukon Community Pilot Program
How to get Yukon open work permit as per the Yukon Community Pilot Program (YCP)?
For Yukon Immigration, if the applicant has a valid provincial nomination, they should get a two-year location restricted open work permit under the Yukon Community Pilot (YCP) program. The program is designed to help provide the applicants with flexibility so that they are not tied to a specific employer but a community. the applicant needs to have minimum working hours as per the open work permit but not with the same employer.
Yukon has been capturing the hearts of millions of people. It is a territory in northwest Canada and very sparsely popularly. Home to Canada's highest peak and glaciers, Yukon is very rich in natural minerals and resources. Hence, it has attracted many immigrants in the past and continues to be a major attraction for modern settlement. The applicants can immigrate to Yukon with the permanent residency through the Yukon immigration pilot program.
The participating communities in the Yukon are –
- Dawson City
- Haines Junction
- Watson lake
The Government of Yukon doesn't work recruit on behalf of businesspeople in Yukon, but the applicants can get jobs in Yukon and become permanent residency holders if you apply through the following programs-
- Yukon Express Entry
- Yukon Skilled worker
- Yukon Critical Impact worker
- Yukon Business Nominee program
Every stream of Yukon will have its eligibility criteria - Yukon express entry is linked to the Federal Express Entry system, the Yukon Skilled worker selects applicants in NOC O, A and B with IELTS score of minimum six bands and Yukon Critical Impact worker is for skilled workers in NOC category C and D and minimum six months’ experience is mandatory for qualification. Finally, for the Yukon Business Nominee program, the applicant should have a net worth of at least CAD 5,00,000 and Invest at least CAD 3000000 in capital investments.
The Yukon Community Pilot (YCP) program
As per the Yukon Province's rules and guidelines, if the applicant has a valid nomination, he/she is eligible for the two-year location restricted open work permit under YCP.
Recently in 2020, The Yukon Community Pilot (YCP) Program was launched. Yukon Community Pilot ( YCP) is a latest stream of the Yukon Nominee Program. It is a territorial Permanent residency stream that has a work permit component. It is launched by Canada's Northern Territory of Yukon. The pilot program aims to attract immigrants.
The Yukon Nominee program has an innovative approach here. The immigration aspirants with the nomination can gain a special kind of work permit where they can work with different kinds of employers in Yukon and also participated in the community. The Pilot's run at present is from January 2020 to June 2023.
After getting the permanent residency, the applicants will have to wait for a year's time to get their permanent residency application processed. During this time, the applicant can apply for a closed work permit through one of the PNP streams so that they can work for a single employer in the province while they are waiting for their decision for the PR.
The Yukon Community Pilot (YCP) program provides the applicant with flexibility as instead of been stuck with one employer, work permits are tied to a specific community; thus, the candidate has the option to work with multiple employers and also take up part-time jobs to support themselves.
The program is highly innovative and is part of different innovative programs that have been designed to help the immigrations. Some of these Programs are - Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program, the Rural, and Northern Immigration Pilot program and the Ontario Regional Pilot.
What is the eligibility criterion for the Yukon Community Pilot (YCP) program?
Yukon open work permit is a step after getting the provincial nomination through the Yukon Nominee Program (YNP). If you have the nomination, then you can apply for a community-based work permit through the YCP. In such a case, the applicants need to meet the following requirements –
- The job location should be such that the candidate should be able to participate in the Community in Yukon.
- Have two to three job offers up to three employers who will allow him to have 1560 Hours working in a single year ( It is equal to an annual full-time work)
- The applicant should have a signed letter of support the Yukon Government
- rest all the requirements of an open work permit should be met – Police clearance, Proof that you will leave Canada after finishing your work, Proof of funds for settlement, medical exam reports.
Once you have met these requirements, you are eligible to apply through the community based work permit in the Yukon Community Pilot. The two things that are pertinent to remember in case if you are getting the Yukon open work permit are –
- It is valid for two years.
- The applicant doesn't require a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
What are the Job requirements in Yukon?
For getting a Job in Yukon, there are also some eligibility requirements which are listed below:
- All the jobs should help the candidates in participating in Yukon Community
- The working hours of the job should add up to 30 hours of work in a work ( It is equal to a full-time job)
- Jobs should not be seasonal. It should be consistent and paid employment.
- the applicants should be getting the minimum wage
- your experience and education should make you eligible for the work.
What are the documents required for the Yukon Community Pilot (YCP) Program?
Before you apply for the Yukon open work permit, it is best if you have all the documents ready so that you can avoid any delay in the processing of the application. The pertinent documents required are listed below:
- A copy of the provincial nomination letter from the government of Letter which will confirm that you have been offered permanent residency
- A legally signed letter of support from the government of Yukon which will have the details of – (a)Employers who are recruiting you (b)Job details like the number of working hours, job location, nature of work, salary, etc.
- valid passport
- recent passport size photographs
- educational certificates
- proof of professional experience
- Police verification and medical exam results
How can you apply for the Yukon Community Pilot (YCP) Program?
Those who are eligible for Yukon open work permit can start the process by applying under an LMIA exemption code (Subsection R205a).When you are applying, the details should be completed by both employers and nominees. The Language test results submitted should not be more than two years old.
The crucial steps are as follows:
- Step 1 – Get Nomination from Yukon Government
- Step 2 – Apply for the work permit.
- Step 3 – Submit Documents for verification.
- Step 4 – Get Yukon open work permit.
What is the processing time of the Yukon open work permit, and who can apply for an extension?
The processing time for an application can be a time where an applicant needs to be highly patient. The processing time depends on the applicant's profile. It is mandatory that the work permit applicants are electronically submitted applicants who require additional time in Canada while the PR application is getting processed. Applicants can then apply for an extension of their work permit. It is smart to apply for the work permit extension 30 days before the current work permit expires.
How can your Spouse move with you to Yukon?
Suppose the primary applicants are a nominee holder and have at least one occupation in Yukon as per the National Occupational Classification (NOC) list skill level O, A or B. In that case, your spouse also eligible for the spouse Open work permit (SOWP). This is restricted to the communities participating in the YCP.