F1/M Visa is for the international students who want to study full-time at an accredited high school, college, university, or other academic institution. Students who want to study short term English courses can also apply for F1 visa.
Selection of course and the type of school you want to attend determine whether you need to apply for F1 or M1.
To enter the United States to attend you need the following visa category:
- University or college
- High School
- Private elementary school.
- Another academic institution, including a language training program.
To be eligible to apply as student visa aspirant must:
- Be enrolled in a fulltime academic or language education program at an approved school or academic institution in the US.
- Have good health and moral conduct.
- Have sufficient funds to support themselves and accompanying family members during their stay in US.
- Demonstrate the Visa Officer ties in their home country and thereby their intention to return after the completion of their study.
Government Fees and Processing Times:
- Application Fee US$200/US$160
- Partner Application Fee US$160
- Dependents Application Fee US$160
- SEVIS FEE US$200 and above.
- Processing Time 2-12 days