Start up visa is at business programme which has been designed by Government of Canada to allow immigrant entrepreneurs to set up a business in the country with the help of experienced private sector organizations that have expertise in working with start-ups
Eligibility for Applying:-
- Should have business idea that is convincible enough to get a letter of support from designated angel investor group or venture capital fund. You must secure a minimum investment of $200,000 if the investment comes from a designated Canadian venture capital fund
- Meet the minimum level of CLB 5 in either English or French for all four language abilities.
- Should have completed at least one year of post-secondary education
- and prove that you were in good standing during at least one year while you were attending a post secondary institution.
- Should have sufficient fund to support yourself and family initially after arriving in Canada.
To be eligible to sponsor your spouse you should be:
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Above 18 years of age
- Should have sufficient funds to support your family and agree in writing to support your spouse at least for 3 years after they receive permanent residency status. and 10 years for the dependent child or until they turn 25.
- Principal Applicant-1050 CAD
- Spouse Processing Fees-550 CAD
- Right to Permanent Residence fees for both the applicant(490 CAD)
- Dependent Child less than 22 years=150 CAD