Key Requirements of Subclass 187 Visa
To apply for this visa an applicant must:
- 1. Be lawfully and actively operational in Australia.
- 2. Provide the full time permanent employment offer and demonstrate the genuine need of the employee of specific skills from overseas to labour market.
- 3. Abide by the local and the immigration laws.
- 4. The employer's business must be established and actively engaged in the activity for which it is registered in the regional area (all areas of Australia except for, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong and Melbourne)
- 5. Be full time and ongoing for at least 2 years from the date employment.
- 6. Provide working conditions that are favourable as per the Australian legislation laws.
- 7. Position or occupation offered should fall within the scope of SOL.
- 8. Requires a person with at least an Australian equivalent trade, diploma or higher qualification (unless the appointment is exceptional).
- Step 1:- Employer nominates the vacant position and applies to Regional Certifying Body (RCB).
- Step 2:- Regional Certifying Body (RCB) Assess the application lodged against specific criteria’s which includes the genuine need of paid employee from overseas or other temporary worker with in Australia.
- Step 3:-RCB if convinced issues certificate
- Step 4:- Employee accept the offer and apply for visa approval. Regional Certifying Body (RCB)