Enquiry Now

Family Category Visa

Live with your Family

You must apply for entry permission when you arrive in New Zealand. You can do this by completing an arrival card, which you are given on the way to New Zealand

ARRIVING IN NEW ZEALAND You can be refused entry permission if:

  • you don’t meet our character requirements
  • your circumstances have changed since you were granted a visa
  • you refuse to let us to take your photo, or provide us with your fingerprints or an iris scan, if we ask you for them.
  • You can travel in and out of New Zealand as often as you like until your travel conditions expire. To travel after that, you’ll need to apply for and be granted either:

  • a Permanent Resident Visa
  • a variation of your travel conditions, which would allow you to return to New Zealand at a later date. Your travel conditions will expire 10 years from the date you first arrive in New Zealand as a resident. Your visa label and approval letter will detail the date that your travel conditions expire.

If you’re outside of New Zealand when your travel conditions expire, your visa will expire as well.


You can work in any occupation for any employer in New Zealand


You can study in New Zealand

Keep your visa in a valid passport

If you want to travel, your visa must be in a valid passport.

If your passport expires, you must apply to transfer your visa to a new passport before you can travel.

Transferring my visa to a new passport

To transfer your visa, you must:

  • send us your old and new passports
  • complete an ‘Application for Transfer or Confirmation of a Visa’
  • pay a transfer fee


For ten years after your resident visa is granted, your sponsor must meet the following sponsorship obligations

  • provide suitable accommodation if you don’t have your own place to live
  • ensure your health and welfare needs are met
  • pay any costs associated with your deportation and repatriation (if required). If you applied for your resident visa before 21 November 2016 your sponsor must meet these obligations for 5 years from the date your resident visa is granted.

If Work and Income make welfare payments to you during this time, we may consider that your sponsor is not meeting their obligations to care for you.If your sponsor does not meet these obligations, we may determine that you have breached your visa conditions and you will be made liable for deportation as a result.

Your sponsor may have to repay any money spent by the New Zealand Government or a third-party as a result of them not meeting their obligations.

Parent Resident Visa expressions of interest

A limited number of people can get a Parent Resident Visa. Currently no expressions of interest for this visa are being selected.

Expressions of interest for Parent Resident Visas

To move to New Zealand to join your adult New Zealand citizen or resident child you must:

  • send us an expression of interest (EOI) explaining how you meet the requirements, and
  • be sponsored by your child.

To manage the number of people who can apply for this visa, we usually only select a certain number of expressions of interest.

No EOIs currently being selected

In October 2016, the government decided that no further EOIs for Parent Resident Visas would be selected until further notice. A decision about restarting selections has not yet been made. When a decision is made, we will contact people who have submitted an EOI and publish information on this website.

Frequently Asked Questions

No, There is no cost to completing an Express Entry profile. After you receive an ITA and submit a full application you will be required to pay application fee…for more details call us directly.

Yes, one can easily apply being in job because express entry process run simultaneously.

If your spouse, or common law partner accompanying & have graduation, post graduation or any higher qualification you can get ECA done this will increase CRS points, there is no compulsion.

The basic thing that you should aware of your profile eligibility before you apply, there are certain steps to follow like get qualification assessed by ECA prepare IELTS and follow the Federal System of inviting skilled immigrants in Canada is called Express Entry Program. The program is one of the most popular way to applying to Permanent Resident Visa.

Express Entry was introduced by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) in the year 2015 This Federal system of CRS evaluates the applicants on the basis of their credentials such as present age, educational levels, work experience & skills acquired, English and French language ability etc.

Basically Proof of funds indicates your financial stability

Number of Family Members Funds Required (in Canadian dollars)
1 $12,474
2 $15,530

Application processing fees to IRCC: $550 per person, and $150 per dependent child. Right of Permanent Residence fees to IRCC: $490 per person, no fees for dependent children. Educational Credential Assessments: around $300 per person if you count international delivery by courier.

ECA is the only way for you to receive points for your foreign education, yes it is mandatory , you can avoid ECA only if you have any qualification done from Canada .

No, Not really. IELTS is to know language proficiency parameter which can also be awarded by giving CELPIP-G

TEF Canada- Exam for proving proficiency in French

TCF Canada- Exam for proving proficiency in French

In 75% of cases, an application submitted through Express Entry is processed within 6 months from the date it is received, processing time also depend on getting ITA also , rest left 25% cases can clear process in 9-12 months, if someone is on very low CRS then time varies case to case

For filing your application, you need to create your express entry profile. You cannot file your express entry application if you are not having your Language Proficiency points with you . It is mandatory to appear in any of the asked tests by IRCC either is will be IELTS exam
TEF Canada- Exam for proving proficiency in French
TCF Canada- Exam for proving proficiency in French
Any of the above provide you language proficiency points

You do not need a job offer to immigrate to Canada. There are programs available for you that allow you to apply for permanent residency in Canada without securing employment beforehand. You can apply PR if you are considered a Skilled Worker.

After you receive PR Canada you can start your job search from Indian, we also help applicant to reach wider audience of employers so that applicants profile can get more approaches, you can also refer to social media platforms like Linked in, it plays important role, make connections stay connected & explore.

Are You Ready to Apply?

With Meritide visa, get full your profile assesment for Free in just a click away-

  • Experienced Migration experts.
  • Trusted Immigration Service.
  • 99% Satisfied customer Rate.
  • Always updated for new criterias.
  • Reliable network all around the world.
start Now

Meritidevisa Copyright © 2016.

Designed by OGEN Infosystem Website Designing company in Delhi