UK Domestic worker visa in a private household
Domestic workers mean cleaners, chauffeurs, nannies, cooks, and those personnel who provide personal care to an employer in the UK member of the employer’s family.
The ‘domestic worker in a private household’ visa permits employers to bring their foreign domestic workers to the UK for a period of up to six months. It is not that anyone can move to the UK with a domestic worker visa, but the applicant should be eligible and also be an ‘established’ member of the employer’s staff. For this, some experience is required and the applicant should have worked in some household in the past as well.
Further, with this visa, the applicants cannot change their employer while they are in the UK also they are not allowed to change their type of employment as well.
Let us look in detail at How to get a UK Domestic worker visa in a private household.
What are the domestic worker visa rights?
There are some rights when you are a domestic worker in the UK and also there are some restrictions. An applicant can engage in activities as per the permission granted by the government and they are-
- Right to remain in the UK even if your employer is on a short trip to another country.
- You can travel to another country and return to the UK, for the time your visa is valid.
- For changing employers there are two conditions:
a) Be a domestic worker in a private household for the other employer. b) Time of stay is six months.
What are the eligibility requirements for a UK Domestic worker visa?
The applicants who meet the eligibility requirements for the UK domestic worker visa are allowed to relocate with this visa. Also, the appellants should be outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. The requirements are –
- The qualifying age is 18 years or above.
- Should be a leaner, nanny, chauffeur, cook, etc. someone who can provide personal care to the employer or his family.
- Should have worked with an employer for at least one year in the past. It can be in the same household or a different household but the employment should be regular.
- The appellant should intend to travel to the UK along with the employee, partner, or the children.
- The intention of living as a full-time domestic worker in a UK household
- Intention to leave the UK after the expiry of Visa.
- You will be able to support yourself and your family while in UK and will not require public funds assistance.
- There should be immigration rules stated in a written agreement between the Domestic worker and the employer. In the agreement, all the terms and conditions of employment should be clearly laid out.
Only after you have met the above criteria and the rest of the common eligibility requirements only then you will be granted a UK visa from a UK Home Office for the Domestic Workers in a Private Household.
Apart from this, the employer should also agree to -
- Provide national minimum wage to the applicant
- Ensure that the applicant leaves the country after the completion of six months.
- The employer or their spouse or child who is coming to the UK on a visit should not intend to live in the UK for more than six months.
When is the right time to apply for a UK Domestic Worker Visa?
After you have taken the decision to immigrate as A domestic worker in the UK it is smart to start the process as early as possible. For this you can also take the help of an immigration consultant who is adept in his craft, the processing time can be taken into consideration before you carry forward with your plan.
The appellant can take around three months to process. After you have filled the online application form you will be asked to visit the UK visa application center in your country and submit all the necessary documents.
You can also extend your visa for Domestic Workers in a Private Household and this, you need to apply before your current visa expires. Also, meeting the eligibility requirements for the extension is important.
What are the documents that are required for the UK domestic worker visa?
No immigration process is complete without proper documenting. The documentation process when taken carefully can help in hassle-free immigration as well. The list of documents for UK domestic worker visa is -
- A valid passport or necessary travel documents.
- Proof of funds for the duration of your stay in the UK. Bank statement and payslips of the recent 6 months can be presented.
- Medical test records- Tuber callouses test in the UK in Important
- Travel details of accommodation and also dates of travel.
- The employment letter of the recent employer in the UK
- Work experience letter from your previous employers
- The work agreement contract with terms and conditions.
- Your latest wage details with a new employer to confirm that you will be paid at least the national minimum wage in the UK.
- Details of work done with the same employer (If any)
- Proof of paid tax.
- health insurance details
- Details of work done for the same employer earlier
- Details of your visa.
What is the Fee for UK Domestic Worker Visa?
For the UK Domestic Worker Visa, the processing fee is £51 and for the extension of Domestic Workers in a Private Household visa, the amount is £1,033.
This is only the processing charge of the appellation. it doesn’t include medical test and transportation charges. Also, the appellant should consider the change in Currency rate as well while assessing the fee for the UK Domestic Worker Visa
Why is Meritide Visa is a good Immigration company?
Meritide Visa has helped so many people relocate to the UK with ease. We provide IELTS guidance and Pre-assessment of application to our clients. We also place the needs of clients as foremost and aim for Holistic services. to contact us you can call at 9971152672, 9205037101, 9810272833, 9560079735, 9560079937.