This visa is for international students who are sponsored by Au AID or Defence to study a full-time course of any type in Australia
Requisites for the Visa:-
- You must get enrolled or must have been accepted in a full time course registered with Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- Your individual circumstances must demonstrate that you want to enter the country for studying and would leave the country once you finish your course.
- You must undergo certain medical examinations before applying for visa.
- You must have enough money to pay your tuition fee, living expenses for all the members included in the application keeping in mind the normal living conditions in the country.
- You must have the health insurance from Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance for all the members included in the application
- Possess the required English language ability (as per the department guidelines and the type of visa being applied).
- You must meet the minimum threshold qualification requirement as advised by the education provider
- You must have good moral conduct
- If you are below 18 your parents and/or anyone who can legally decide where you can live must give permission for you to study in Australia.
- successfully completed Year 12 or equivalent, by providing school reports and academic records
- Do not have any debt pending on Australian govt.
- Must respect Australian value statement
Privileges of the Visa:
- You can study full time
- Your dependents can join you if they can bear the expenses for your family according to the local standards of living
- You can work for unlimited number of hours once you start your course (40 HRS)
- Family members can work for unlimited number of hours once you start your course.(40 HRS)
- Partner if accompanying can study for maximum 3 months. In case they want to study for more than three months they need to apply separate student visa individually.
How much the visa costs:
- Independent (Subclass 574) visa-535$(Base Application Charge)
- Additional Applicant Charge 18 and over-405$
- Additional Applicant Charge 18 and under-135$
- Medical Examination:-To be paid directly to the doctor conducting medical examination
- Police check:-To the corresponding authorities in the respective countries where you have lived for more than 6/12 months depending on the visa subclass
- Certification/Translation of Docs-Depending on the certifying person and number of copies to be certified.