Student guardian visa is for the individuals who need to come to Australia with their children coming to study in Australia as either the children are less than 18 years of age or if older then under exceptional circumstances.
- You must be a parent or a person having legal custody of the nominating student visa holder, or a relative of the student visa holder who is nominated by the student’s parent or guardian.
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You must have sufficient funds to support yourself.
- You must be able to provide accommodation and other support to student.
- You hold good moral character and health.
- You must be to convince visa officer that you will leave the country after visa expires.
Privileges of the Visa:
- Allows you to stay in Australia up to the length of the course of the nominated student or until he/she turns 18.
- For applications lodged after 20th march 2012, you can study.
- Study in Australia for up to 20 hours per week in an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
- Study any other course for a period of maximum three months.
- You can enter and leave Australia any number of times when the visa is valid along with the nominated student .If you leave without nominated student then you must demonstrate that you have made alternative arrangements for the student’s accommodation, general welfare and support until you return and those arrangements have been approved by the student’s education provider and there are unavoidable circumstances that compel you to leave Australia alone.
How much the visa costs:
- Student Guardian (Subclass 580) visa-535$ (Base Application Charge)
- Additional Applicant Charge 18 and over-N/A
- Additional Applicant Charge 18 and under-135$
- Medical Examination:-To be paid directly to the doctor conducting medical examination
- Police check:-To the corresponding authorities in the respective countries where you have lived for more than 6/12 months depending on the visa subclass
- Certification/Translation of Docs-Depending on the certifying person and number of copies to be certified.