Australia Skilled Independent Visa subclass 189
Australia Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)
This visa allows skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
The Australian Skilled - Independent Visa (subclass 189) is an Australian skilled visa for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, a state or territory, or a family member. A visa holder can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia. Certain family members can be included in the application.
To be eligible for a Subclass 189 visa you first need to hold an occupation from SOL (Skilled Occupation List) of Australia and then submit the online EOI (Expression of Interest). If your profile is selected, you will get the invitation to apply for visa within the period of 60 days.
A successful applicant is given a 5 year multiple entry visa to live and work in Australia. You only need to live in Australia for 2 of the 5 years to have the visa reissued for a further 5 years. Alternatively, you can spend 4 consecutive years in Australia and be eligible for citizenship.
Key Requirements of Subclass 189 Visa
To apply for this visa an applicant must:-
- 1. Be invited to apply.
- 2. Score at least 65 points based on his/her profile factors, i.e. Age, Qualification, Experience, English proficiency and other such components if applicable.
- 3. Be under 50 years of age when you are invited to apply.
- 4. Have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation.
- 5. Have at least competent English.
- 6. Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- 7. Meet the health and character requirements.
- Length of stay – Permanently
- This is a permanent visa – it lasts indefinitely.
- Cost- Please refer to our costing table
- Global processing times - 75 per cent of applications processed in 9 months & 90 per cent of applications processed in 12 months
- Length of stay - Permanently
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to & from Australia for 5 Years
- Apply for Australian Citizenship
- You can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want for five years after the visa is granted.
- You can include your partner and your or your partner’s child or step-child in your application.
- Family members who are granted the visa have the same rights and can do the same things as you.
- This is a permanent visa – it lasts indefinitely.
- You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when a decision is made.
For Main Applicants
|Department of Immigration Visa Application Charge||$ 3,755|
|Skills Assessment Application Fee||from $300 to $1,050 for most occupations|
|IELTS Test (if required)||12600 INR till 31st March & 13250 INR from April onward|
|The Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 190)||AUS $1835||This fee includes the spouse of the primary visa applicant and any other secondary applicants who are aged above 18.|
|The Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 190)||AUS $920||This fee includes per kid of the primary visa applicant who is aged under 18.|
OTHER COSTS If Applicable)
|Medical Examination||Variable (Depending upon the type of Medical Test and Examination required)||This fee is payable for each person included in your application and must be paid directly to the doctor conducting your examination.|
|Character Clearance (Police Check)||Variable||This fee is payable to the police authorities in the countries where you have lived for 12 months or more.|
|Certification/Translation of Documents||Variable||Payable to Translator|
Frequently Asked Questions
Australia PR chance of Invite with educational qualification, good English language proficiency and work experience in Australia's skills list, you can get Australia's residency within a year. Minimum points to apply for Australia PR Skill Select 189 (points based) or 190 (State Sponsored Visa) is 65.
Australia PR is valid for five years from the date it is granted that lets an applicant to come and go of Australia for indefinite period of time.
You must stay in Australia for at least 2 years in continuity after getting your Australian Permanent Residency. ... However, no legal action would be taken but Australian government may cancel PR visa altogether.
The basic requirements to immigrate to Australia are:
3 years work experience relevant to study
65 points under Australia’s points based immigration system
Skills Assessment report
Approved English language results
Police Clearance Certificate
While qualification assessment is not mandatory for Australia immigration, in several cases, the authorities may ask you for qualification assessment along with skills assessment.
Skills Assessment Report
Work experience letters
Police Clearance Certificate
The Skilled Occupation List is a list of occupations that have a high demand in Australia but a shortage of skill supply. The country needs right skills to fill the growing vacancies of the specified occupation. The Skilled Occupation List is furthered divided into Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List, which features demand of occupations state-wise.
Yes, IELTS is mandatory and the IELTS bands requirement is 7 bands in each module of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Yes. PTE Academic with a score of 65 is accepted for Australia PR.
Yes. Relatives who are either a permanent resident or citizen can sponsor you for PR under regional sponsorship programs.
The visa fees and charges for Primary applicants: AUS $3670. Secondary applicants: $1835. Kids: $920.
|Family composition||Applicant: Combined cash & assets requirement|
|Main applicant only||Total figure between AUD $ 20,000 - 25,000|
|Main applicant plus one (1) dependent||Total figure between AUD $25,000- 30,000|
|Main applicant plus two (2) dependents||Total figure between AUD $30,000 - 35,000|
|Main applicant plus three (3) dependents||Total figure between AUD $35,000 - 40,000|
Every application is different and processing times largely depend on the type of visa being applied for but roughly it will take 9-10 months
You must be under 45 years of age at the time of the nomination decision.
Yes, you can sponsor your family members under the family stream migration program or add family members to your application when you apply to live in Australia
The benefits of Permanent resident visa of Australia are:
1. Freedom to live work and settle in any part of the country
2. Official permission for the family members to accompany
3. Free education for children up to a certain age
4. Eligibility to sponsor relatives for permanent residential status
5. Work and health benefits for self and family
For each candidate who has applied for the PR visa of Australia, they are evaluated based on
certain criteria like age, proficiency in English, qualification, work experience, etc. You shall be
allotted points on these. You need at least 65 points to qualify.
To apply for Australia Permanent Resident visa, you need first check your eligibility. You need
to score 65 points to qualify for the process.
Once your qualification for the PR visa is confirmed, you need to apply for skill assessment. The skill assessment is conducted by a designated authority. This should be followed by the submission of your application online. The online pool system is called "Expression of Interest." Within 60 days of acceptance of your application, you need to submit the required documents to DIBP (Department of immigration and Border protection). Upon successful verification on documentation, you will be granted a visa.
There are many ways for you to apply for Australia PR card. You need to choose the
appropriate program based on your eligibility and requirement. The popular immigration
pathways for Australia PR are:
1. Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) : It is one of the visa categories for Permanent Residence. This program is mainly related to skilled workers. However, you need to meet its eligibility criteria. Within this visa, you cannot receive a sponsorship. You need to get an invitation to apply for Australia Permanent residency.
2. Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) : This is a visa category for skilled workers who get the nomination from an Australian state/Territory. It is very much required for you to prove your occupation listed in the Skilled Occupation List. You can apply for any sector within the nominated state or territory.
3. Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489) : This program was introduced to meet the skill requirement in regional areas of Australia. You should be able to meet the skill requirement and obtain sponsorship or nomination from either state or territory. This visa grants you to live in the country for 4 years.
The steps required to get an Australian permanent residence visa are:
Step 1: Select your occupation from the Skilled Occupation List(SOL).
Step 2: Need to qualify for the Australia Points Calculator.
Step 3: File your Expression of Interest (EOI) through Skill select.
Step 4: Obtain your Invitation to Apply.
Step 5: Submit your PR Application.
Step 6: Police and Medical Clearance Certificates.
Step 7: Get your Visa Grant.